Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturdays are for Thrifting

Since I don't have my fancy downtown job anymore, that I can frequent my favorite thrift shops during lunch breaks and on a very regular basis, I have to squeeze in a visit to my favorite thrift shops here and there on weekends.  My sister and I headed out bright and early this morning to do just that.  I had a couple of errands to take care of, including a trip to the library, which I adore, to pick up books on the hold shelf and new kid books for the day care to read the following week or two.  My sister has a great thrift store that she goes to, that is owned by a church friend and his wife, that is directly around the corner from the library.  It was our first thrift stop of the day and the best one too!  I spent twenty bucks and came home with some great find and so did she!   We wound up going to more thrift shops up towards Springfield and this was by far our favorite spot of the whole day!    Check out their ad here on the blog, Dixie Thrift! Click the ad and it will tell you where to find them.  You ought to stop in and say hello!  They'd love to see you!

Here are some pics from our day.  Enjoy! XO



 This pretty rug needs a little love and repair.  It landed at the right place... my home.

And at other thrift stores...

I spotted a few really neat chairs today.  This was one of them.  I love the fabric.
 Not sure if... I just don't know what to say about this bowl.  I'm not even going to try.
 This was a coffin wheeler and someone put a top on it.  Pretty sweet!
 My lovely co-thrifter.
 And this is what I woke up to this morning.  Got to the bottom of the hill in Millersville and there wasn't a bit on the ground or trees.  Change in altitude I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks