Friday, March 29, 2013

Sloppy Bar-B-Que

AKA pantry and fridge clean out!  But seriously, pork roast is a very good thing.  We raise our own pigs so I generally have one in the freezer but the price of pork is pretty low right now and you will find pork roasts on sale quite often lately.  So grab one up and bring 'er on home.  I made this one, which I have no picture of oddly enough, with simple pantry and refrigerator staples like beer, ketchup, tomato sauce, onion... you get it right?  And I kind of made up measurements in the recipe because as you can see I just emptied what I had basically.  So have fun and enjoy the results.
 
By the way, every one's crock pot is different.  I know because I own four... wait five.  I have an old one from my Grandmother, one decent size one, one iddy biddy one and one large one.  The large one, that I use most often, has a mind of it's own and cooks just as hot on low as it does high.  I have seriously over cooked things on low in that crock pot.  So when I say cook on low in the recipe please use your own judgement when using your crock pot.  My low could be your high, your low could be like my warm. Cornfused? 
 

Once again, I give you permission to right click and print the recipe and would be as honored as a Robertson County Fair winner if you made it.
 
Here are the only pictures I took.  They are of some importance since I just grabbed and squeezed ingredients into this recipe.  And if you don't have molasses just use brown sugar and hush.
 

 
TaaDaa!  Shaun likes his Sloppy BBQ open-face style on white bread.  I like mine on a bun with cheese.  Good N Sloppy!  This ain't no dry bar b que y'all!  You're gone love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks