Friday, March 22, 2013

Venison Stroganoff

Today I have a fantastic recipe for you.  This is a supper for those gals who love their deer meat and love to pat the man (or woman) on the back that got up early during deer season and brought it on home to you.  Unless you shot it yourself... in that case.. You do it girl!  Even if you don't eat deer meat you can use beef or turkey and I promise you will still love how easy it is and how much you will love to hear the other eaters at your table say "oh... oh... thank you!"  Just please don't pour the boiling water from the noodles on your hand like I did this evening!  That web part in the middle of your fingers is tender I tell ya! 

I typed up this recipe and loaded it like a picture so you should be able to right click and print it with ease.  I like it like that... easy.  This recipe feeds my man and I with a serving left over for lunch the next day.  I also slap up some green beans and bread to go with.  Make it easy on yourself now!

Now a note on deer meat.  There are a lot of sceptics on venison out there.  That it has too much of a gamey taste, and that can happen.  For instance if you shoot a buck in rut or a deer in mid run when all the blood is flowing into the muscles and all, that can give it a stronger taste.  But a good doe with a little fat on her, you can't beat that one bit!  And I always say, if you don't like deer meat, then it ain't been cooked right!  Do not be afraid of deer meat.  I will admit, when I first began cooking with venison I over seasoned thinking it wouldn't taste right.  But some years later now I want the taste up front and center of a good deer.  And deer meat is good for you!  I promise, unless some little woodland elf has been shooting steroids into deer while they sleep, there are no man made hormones or anything like that AND they have less fat than beef or turkey.  Just try it or get over it already!  You will fall in love and become very sad when the freezer is empty and deer season seems so far away.


 
 
P.S. Happy Birthday Mama and Tracy!
3/23
Yes... one of my sisters was born on my Mom's birthday!  She got the boobie prize that year!
Love you both! XOXO
 
 
******Recipe Correction******
I noticed this morning that I put 3/4 Chardonnay!  That's funny. 
I meant 3/4 cup not 3/4 of the bottle of wine!  I am sure it would still turn out well... a little runny unless you really let it cook down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks