Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekend Finds

Yesterday, my sister Mary Evelyn and I, hit the klondike of estate sales.  Now, you've got estate sales where random people are just selling their stuff and it should be called a yard sale and you've got estate sales from a person or older person's home that has either passed on or moved to where they don't need their stuff anymore.  Then there are estate sales that are run by companies that get a cut of what is selling and are usually priced too high and you can't bargain with them or there are the ones that are run by family members who know the history of some of the items and need to get rid of the stuff and will come down off the prices.  The family run estate sale is exactly what we happened upon yesterday. 

I always walk away from a good sale wondering just how long we had been there.  In this case I would wager to guess it was the better part of an hour and a half.  And these gals have been working hard.  Everything was priced, which is nice, and there was so much stuff, from furniture to kitchen to knick knacks, you  name it.  I wound up with a new pressure canner, a chair, some embroidered pictures, plates, cookie cutters, canisters, and all of it is old and you know I got a piece of enamelware!  I took the stitching apart and they are soaking in cleaner right now.  I also wound up talking to the home owner's daughter about canning and we went out to the small barn and there was a box full of old canning jars that she gave me.  They were the first thing I cleaned when I got home and found a mouse nest in the bottom of the box that I guess was also free.  I did jump a little and promptly moved the box outside. 

This was the third weekend for this sale and we were still satisfied with what we got.  They said they still have more to bring out and will have the sale more nice-weather weekends until they are satisfied and done.  It is out on Highway 25 going towards Gallatin, right before you get to the old Highway 25 market but the address is still considered Cottontown.  There are only signs on the mail box, none pointing the way so you really won't know they are there until you just go.  I don't have the exact address.  We didn't have any trouble finding it and if you go next Saturday you'll probably see us back!

Here are a few of my goodies I found.
 

 



 
 
Our pile.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks