Thursday, April 11, 2013

Afternoon Crafting

It is amazing what one can do sitting on the porch on a warm spring afternoon... besides doze off.  I am loving my church pew being on the porch.  I cannot wait to sit on it to shell peas, break beans, chat with friends and spit watermelon seeds over the porch rail.  Today I decided that I needed a couple of pillows for the pew.  I dug around in my fabric stash and found a piece of vintage scenic fabric and some velvety upholstery stuff and got to work.  I only had one bag of stuffing and one of the pillows was going to be fairly big.  So I cut up a bed pillow that no one really uses anyway and used the stuffing from it for all three of the pillows.  Then I started working on my other pillows.
 
My Uncle from Florida gave me a bunch of shot bags on their last visit here.  They are too cool.  I have made a pillow or two out of shot bags in the past for our rocking chairs on the back porch.  They are super simple if you know anything about using a needle and thread.  If you don't, I made a few to sell in my Etsy shop, ShotgunsAngel.  So I used some of the bag of stuffing to stuff these little cuties.  They really add a bit of character to the seat and they aren't very big but will offer good support to you lower back.  I think all church pews should have them!  I have sat many a time in church with my arm or a hymn book behind my lower back.  Those sermons can get long!
 
If you want one of my pillows and are local, give me a holler and we could probably do something about the shipping charge... the shot shell pillows... not the other ones... sorry.  I know they are going to be in hot demand too. 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks