Saturday, May 4, 2013

Found

Well... Miss Queenie has been found or caught rather.  Yesterday afternoon we picked up a humane trap, my sister and I set it in the fence row at the top of Mossy Shoe Field (which is now the field's name).  I covered the trap with a dark green tarp because we had a lot of rain coming.  I put canned food right inside the trap and outside on the grass and up the deer/dog trail through the fence row then threw some honey ham in the back of the trap.  Last night before dark we went to check it and nothing had visited.  This morning I didn't check it before my hair appointment because it was raining too hard so when I got back Shaun was out checking it.  He called me and named me the best trapper he'd ever seen because Miss Queenie had been caught.  She is safe, home with her foster family who has vowed to keep her and give her a wonderful home.  We picked ticks off of her until they got here.  We learned a lot through this experience.  Miss Queenie is a sweet girl but isn't the dog for us. 
 
Thanks so much for your prayers and to my sisters and niece who came out to help search for her last weekend.  I am so thankful this part is over.  We will get a new pup who will love us one of these days.  We have been blessed with three dogs who loved us in the past and our two cats and chickens... but not the rooster... he only loved Shaun. 
 
I feel like I can breathe now... a sweet sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks