Friday, July 19, 2013

Favorite Things

 A few of my favorite things are my cookbooks. 
I used to have TONS.  Then I moved, and got rid of a lot.
Then I wanted more cabinet space.  So I got rid of more.
Now I realize, I didn't need all the other ones to begin with.
So I stick to my very favorite ones.
I have added two new favorites to my collection this year.
Ones I rented from the library and renewed, renewed and renewed again.
That's how I know they belong with me. 
 
 
 
This one has taught me that it doesn't take rocket science to make my own pie crusts.
Which I do so every week.

 
This one taught me how to truly feel like a Southern cook and make good
chicken and dumplings from scratch.  Yum.
 
 
I have more than this in my collection.  This shelf houses only what I use regularly.
 
What is your favorite cookbook?  Your "when I really want to cook something good" go-to?