Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Spooky Spiders

Here is a DC craft.  I have decided (obviously) not to continue the day care blog as it is too much on my teeny brain to keep up with two blogs.  So, from time to time I will share kid stuff on this blog k.
 
With Halloween looming I put together a little spider craft yesterday for the kiddos.  I prepared ahead by cutting circles and strips out of black card stock.  The kids decorated the circle (body) of the spider with white chalk.  Then we turned the body over and glued the strips (legs) onto the underside.  We gave the legs a little time to dry while the kids used the chalk on the legs.  Next I bent the legs up to give it a 3D affect.  I forced a needle and thread up through the legs and body and making a knot under the body and a looped knot at the top for hanging to form a strand of spider web and give our creepy spider a scary hanging look. 
 
I don't know what about the spider made him creepier by hanging him from a doorway but the kids said it did.  They had fun carrying the spiders around and scaring each other!