Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Morning and Recipes

I am a big fan of Thanksgiving morning.  Although our family gathering is not held at our house I still have lots to do and wouldn't have it any other way.  I have my standard dishes that I make every year, cranberry relish, sweet potatoes, pecan pie, sometimes deviled eggs.  I also like to have the parades on and even though I don't have the antenna attached to my TV I can still run in the other room to see what's marching down the New York and California streets all morning.  There is also a favorite Thanksgiving episode of Will and Grace that I like to watch.  Thanksgiving is certainly a day full of tradition. 
 
Here are a few recipes that I use the very morning of Thanksgiving.  For starters I have to say that I changed my recipe for sweet potatoes a a few years ago when I found The Pioneer Woman.  Mine were pretty good until I made hers... dang!  You can find the link to her recipe HERE.
 
 
  My Cranberry Relish recipe has made an appearance on the blog before
 HERE.

 
A wonderful Blackberry Jello salad from my Grandmother Brown's recipe archive is a good refreshing salad to have on a Thanksgiving plate.  Find the recipe HERE.
 
 
Pineapple Casserole is another favorite Thanksgiving table staple that my Grandmother made.
 
 
A good Pecan Pie recipe never hurt anybody!
 
 
And a little Soda Cracker Fudge to snack on after the turkey settles would be nice!
 
 
And a little something new to add sparkle to your life, and to my eyes because it is my absolute all time favorite congealed salad not just because my Grandmother made it but because it is the best, Strawberry Salad. 
 
 
Right click and print if you wish.
 
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks