Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gingerbread House Trees

This year, while preparing for my gingerbread house, I remembered once using ice cream cones for trees.  Since my theme this year was featured around chocolate, I decided to use chocolate candy melts and roll my cone "trees" in the chocolate. I then used snowflake sprinkles while the chocolate was still melty enough for them to stick. 

It then hit me (btw this was Thanksgiving morning while I was making three pies and two batches of sweet potatoes... so I had nothing else to do but make trees) why not make a few more using white chocolate melts and other kinds and colors of sprinkles.  So my cousin helped me make a few more for other gingerbread house decorators to use with their houses.

These were so easy and so much fun!  And any gingerbread house is gonna need some trees!






No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks