Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekend Scenes

I had a pretty enjoyable weekend.  Most of it spent hanging out with my man.  We had a Christmas lunch Friday followed by an evening with friends, a dinner and a movie out Saturday afternoon, then just being at the house yesterday doing around.  I weather that keeps him at home more and I miss it during the summer when he's working until dark every day. 










 
 
If you look closely you can see the full moon above and to the right of the barn.  I could see it better than the camera took.

Pretty Miss Polly Pockets and Jerry... too big for their britches.  They have broken both feed troughs and turn their very large water barrel over on a daily basis.  They have about another month with us then they will be feeding us.
Katie Bug... always too big for her britches and always ready to play.
Miss Kitty... Mr Kitty... whoever.  She's been a sweet heart wanting so much love.
Fiona is molting and very shy about it.  I made them a mixture of canned turnips, canned cabbage, oats, strawberries and watermelon.  Mainly for Fiona who needs extra nourishment right now.  They loved the combination.
Yesterday afternoon I made rice krispie treats, very bold nuts and bolts and almond rocca.  I took pictures of the almond rocca making as if I would break my bond of secrecy with the person who gave the recipe to me.  I just can't do it... yet.
My Tommy.  He has taken up residence and found comfort away from Kate under our tree.  I will find the old quilt top pulled out into the floor almost every day where he has been napping and playing and sometimes he takes the ornaments off the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks