Tuesday, March 11, 2014

making breadcrumbs

Y'all... I don't know why I haven't been doing this for...ever.  I read a little tip on how to make breadcrumbs that made me feel a tad wasteful.  I usually have store bought breadcrumbs in my pantry at home and at the day care.  I use them mostly when I make salmon paddies, ground turkey steaks or zucchini cakes.  But I never really gave it a thought to making my own.  It is so easy!  Now, as I am making peanut butter and jellies at the dc, I cut the crusts before and set them to the side.  Then when I am ready, usually when nap time starts, I will pop them in the oven and crunch them when they are done into a pretty Pyrex bowl.  Sometimes there will be a few thicker pieces that need a minute or two more in the oven so I will pop them back in.  You can also season your breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning or whatever you wish!  This is especially helpful to know what kind of bread goes into the breadcrumbs if you are on a whole grain or wheat diet.







No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks