Thursday, September 4, 2014

days of our play care

I have two things to share with you today!  One... it's HOT outside.  It's funny that when the days begin to warm up, in the beginning of summer, the kids complain that it's too hot outside but when we get as far as 90s in September, they are pretty much used to it.  Although they rather like to play in the shade more they still don't complain much... as long as there's plenty of cold water or juice to drink.

Last week I decided to make a big fort out of the smaller swing set to give them more shade to play in.  I used two big white sheets on each side and a vinyl tablecloth on the end that was getting the most sun.  There was a good breeze through the tent and we wound up having story time right there.  Yesterday I made the tent again but it was called a "caterpillar laboratory" since there seems to be an abundance of caterpillars in the yard right now from our walnut tree.





The second thing I wanted to share is a blog that I am pouring over!  It is from a very experienced kindergarten teacher who has wonderful ideas, worksheets and fun projects that are suitable for some of the kids here.  I have two that will start school next year and I feel it's never too early to get them started on real activities and school-type learning.  Click the picture to be directed to her site.  I love it!

Kindergarten and Mooneyisms

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks