Tuesday, September 23, 2014

welcoming fall

Instead of allowing the fall/winter blues to set in this year I am trying something new.  A new point of view.  I began by verbally being thankful for summer, for the season and all it held for me... such as hot weather (which I adore so), our garden and all the canning I did, friends, family, just basically everything I was allowed to experience and hold dear during the season.  I am now thankful for the coming season and welcoming it as a break from some of my work and deeds that summer holds.  I am enjoying the sun coming up a little later (until the time changes).  I held this as sort of a ritual and plan on doing the same on the last official day of fall.  I think this will help my blues and maybe make them non-existent. Last night we had a friend over from Texas that I haven't seen in a long long time.  We laughed, talked, had supper and really enjoyed our time together which was awesome and a great way to spend the last day of summer... with a great person and sharing.

Also yesterday, to welcome fall at the day care, I printed out outlines of leaves on white card stock for myself and the kids to color.  I then cut out a circle from card board and glued the colored leaves on it making a fall wreath for our back door.  It turned out lovely.  The kids also colored pictures of a squirrel with an acorn and leaves that says "Autumn" to hang on the door.  

Welcoming the season ahead by acknowledging the blessings that the previous season held is giving me a bit of a different outlook on the colder months ahead.  Maybe I will allow myself to enjoy them a little more.





Had to involve refreshments of grape kool aid and chocolate animal crackers.




Me and Precious Sass!

By the way... we found a new home for sweet Gypsy.  I miss her so much but she now has a home on fifteen acres, with a horse, other dogs and most importantly a boy of eight which I know her soul needed.  It makes me sad and happy at the same time.  Her new owner has sent me a picture of her.  I feel they will love her.  I had a harder time with it than I thought I would.  This morning Kate seemed to really notice that her playmate wasn't there so I played frisbee with her in my robe outside for a bit even though I was short on time.  

Here's a little tune from one of my favorite movies Practical Magic.  Good for the season change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks