Tuesday, October 14, 2014

the reds

I don't know what it is about the color red lately.
Yesterday I mentioned a leaf hunt at the DC and could think of only red leaves.
I am suddenly drawn to it not knowing why because red is not my signature color at all.  
Every time I wear it my face drains of all color.  
So why not just have a look see.. hmm?

Grandeur Over the Knee Boot
Delicious boots from freepeople.
That I would never afford. 

Scrumptious wallpaper from indiansummer blog.

Sun Safe Hat
Even though summer is gone for this year, a good summer hat at a good price
is always welcome... especially the color.... aaahhhhhh.
Found on clearance at shopterrain

Don't know if I could deal with "super skinny" jeans but for sure red skinnies.
Found at H&M

I love the splashes of red, especially the last picture with the roses 
and floral pillow from this post on indiansummer.
Can you tell I have a slight obsession with their blog?

Red and Blue Beaded Tribal Stripe Bracelet
I have a favorite beaded cuff that would look lovely with a 
dab of red on a neighboring bracelet.
Found at worldmarket.com

 And here is where the obsession really started..... the velvet mirror at the flea market.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda....





These last few pictures are all original Laurie... taken at the flea market a few weeks ago.

NEW BEDROOM
 And let us not forget the chenille bedspread that I seem to have blocked out getting rid of.
I must have been temporarily out of my mind.  
This was my guest room in my house before I married Shaun.
The only evidence is this picture I posted on flickr.

You know those days when you get the mean reds?
 The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
 No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?
 Sure.
 Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!

Red...
Isn't it just dreamy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks