Monday, November 17, 2014

the weekend

You know... it was a good weekend.  However, the winter blues are still very apparent in my soul... especially when I am alone.  It takes a while for me to accept the change.  I find myself walking around the house aimlessly and finding it hard to settle on what to do.  Luckily, I do get over it when I finally have to.  The snow that we woke up to this morning, early as it may be, may just help.  Once winter is here and I am convinced that spring is not far behind I begin to feel better.  I am simply being honest here.  The winter blues are definitely a real thing.  I would be a complete basket case if we lived any further north than Tennessee.  No thank you.

Never-the-less, I did manage to clean up the basement (with a little sisterly help) and use my dutch oven twice, watch a movie, start several things that I didn't finish and do a hint of Christmas decorating around my kitchen window.

Are you too a winter blues sufferer?  What did you do this weekend?


This chicken made the prettiest presentation.  Pretty good flavor too.


This is the cheapest thing I've done in a while that turned out so pretty.
I got the pine cones from my sister Marty's yard, sprayed them with spray glue 
and sprinkled gold glitter on them.  Then strung them from my herb drying pole
over the kitchen sink which I also draped a strand of white lights from.  
Suspended, they move slightly which makes them sparkle.
I could see them from the couch in the living room.  
I told Shaun that I may just not put the tree up and put the presents in the kitchen sink this year.
He said he was certain his present wouldn't fit in the sink.
I am going for the majorly imperfect Christmas decorating look this year.



A craft I began using my fair pictures from years past.
Didn't finish... did clean it back up though.

I love that picture of me and my head up off holding my jugs of elder flower cordial that I made.

I made the apple bread again.  So delicious.

This morning's dusting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks