Wednesday, December 10, 2014

currently

Currently... I am fascinated by fine glitter and modge podge.  Mixing the fineness in with a glob of m.p. and brushing it on any surface brings a glow to my face.  It is simply breathtaking. 

I am anxiously awaiting items ordered online.  I have very few people to buy gifts for and normally prefer to shop online.  However, when Christmas is now two weeks away and I call to check on an order only to be told that they won't receive the merchandise until this week "then" it will be shipped to me, I begin to rethink ordering anything online.  Ugh... Christmas shopping.  I am beginning to loathe it.

I feel I have currently almost kicked a nasty cold by not using antibiotics for once.  It had appeared to take up shop in my lungs after a few days of travelling there.  I have taken over the counter items and several immune boosters, including DoTerra On Guard beadlets.  The key on that is staying on top of it and not letting it get me down.  Rest every chance I get and eating right too.

I have chosen to not put up a Christmas tree or drag out all of my favorite decorations that are normally scattered throughout the house.  In a way it is making me feel like a rebel, which I like, rebelling against the entire over-doing-it world.  Instead I have chosen to simply illuminate areas of our home and may just leave the tiny white lights up all winter.  They make me smile without the ho ho ho.  On the other hand, not going all Christmas-y has led me to not know what to blog about since every other blog that you look at right now is lathered with holiday cheer.  I'm choosing to let them handle it.  Plus we have a four wheeling vacation coming up that I have a mental count down for.

I am currently loving the book by Gillian McKeith called Food Bible.  How to use food to cure what ails you.  It's super.  I have picked up a new morning routine of being nice to my liver by drinking a warm cup of water with lemon to cleanse my liver for the day instead of forcing coffee right away.  I have also picked up a few new eating habits for my skin.  This is definitely a book I want on my shelf that I feel I will go to time and time again.  You can seriously pick a condition or need for your body and it leads you to what to stay away from or add to your diet.  

I have decided to go ahead and dig in the garden at the day care today at the prompting of one of my kids here and plant some garlic.  We discovered yesterday that I apparently missed one when I dug them up last summer and found it's shoots standing proudly.  So I grabbed a handful when I left the house this morning and have intentions of digging in the dirt/mud today with the kiddos.

I am minus two kids at the dc which brings me down a touch not to mention my pocket book.  I am currently on the look out for other income for the meantime but can't seem to motivate myself to do anything about it.  I have my etsy store and things to put in it but keep holding back.  Maybe I feel I need to learn from this.  Being self employed and having times when money is good I should learn to save up for times like this.  I feel Shaun is silently nodding in agree-ance (I guess that's not a word). He is also self employed and follows this rule very well.  But he's been at it a lot longer than I.  If I had saved forharder times I wouldn't be panicking with the lack of children right now.  Lesson learned... manage money better when hopefully the next kids show up and put back for down times.  

I am currently not very good with my camera.  My pictures are turning out blurry or have very poor lighting or I am not seeing any subject matter.  So I wind up not taking it with me and ignoring it.  I have managed to take a few... very few... pictures lately.













On Guard Products

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. I had that "chest thing" last spring and it hung on for weeks and weeks. never really got over the cough. I love your home!!! It looks joyous all the time. No need for santa stuff. The right children will come along and benefit from your wonderful dc. You change children's lives by offering imagination and curiosity time to them. Be well and stay positive. We all enjoy reading about your everyday life. Barb in Ky.

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks