Wednesday, February 18, 2015

On The Menu

I've heard that an open bottle of wine doesn't have a very long shelf life.  Especially when you over indulged with the first bottle and thought a second bottle would be a good idea.  Turns out the next day... it wasn't such a good idea.  I keep mine corked and in the fridge and usually don't finish a bottle in a glass but prefer to use wine in recipes.  I will never get tired of the way cooking with wine makes my house smell.  Lucky for me The Pioneer Woman just happened to post a recipe on facebook from 2009 for short ribs that uses two cups of dry red wine.  Bingo!  A use for the rest that second bottle cause I shore ain't gonna touch it otherwise for a while!  I seriously just spelled the same way that I talk.  I love it! Here's a pic and a link to her recipe and a few more.  The chicken with tomatoes and garlic is absolutely one of my favorite recipes to make.  I have thighs in the fridge right now for this very reason.


TPW_7837
Photo and recipe credit: ThePioneerWoman.com      

and my favorite.

TPW_4361
Photo and recipe credit: ThePioneerWoman.com      


Photo and recipe credit: ThePioneerWoman.com      



And here's a fantastic recipe using white wine that I've made a bunch.


Photo and recipe credit: marthastewart.com                        


And now a few of my own.








No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks