Friday, April 10, 2015

literally on the library hold shelf


A list of random items I have requested from the library. 
I do hope you enjoy this series as much as I do!

Melanie Shankle's Sparkly Green Earrings first book came from an interest in her third book as reported by The Pioneer Woman as a friend of hers.  I figure she's good if PW likes her but really... .I have to be honest here.  When I requested the book from the library on a split second whim I didn't even look to see what the book was about which is musings from motherhood and sorts.  I seriously try to stay away from the motherhood subjects even when looking at blogs because I can't be a mother myself and it makes me feel sad and not included.  Then I think "well... you're a mother to the kids at the day care during the day" and it makes me feel better for a minute but really... I don't know if I will read this book once I get it just to avoid possible depression.  I really never know how my mind will react.  So this may be a book suggestion for someone else and not me.  Booo Hiss... I should have looked before I leaped.

And then..... From Caterpillar to Butterfly by Deborah Heiligman as a suggestion to go along with a craft for the day care that I found on a wonderful little blog called BuggyandBuddy.com.  The craft looks like this...

Butterfly Life Cycle Paper Plate Craft for Kids (w/ FREE template)~ BuggyandBuddy.com

I know.... how cute if that AND it has a free printable for the center part!  I have cheap paper plates on my Walmart list for this week already and luckily one of the pick up parents here brought me a bag of craft supplies that has striped, thick pipe cleaners!  Oh what luck I have!!!


I found the cookbook Power Foods while searching for more Martha Stewart cookbooks and noticed that the forward is by Martha so it must be pretty good if she's endorsing it right?  I hope so.  I've been stuck on Martha cookbooks for a couple of weeks now and am at the end of the line of available books from her at the library sadly.


Dumb & Dumber To.... I have to admit that I have watched the first Dumb & Dumber movie a hundred times and laughed at all of them.  I even have a couple of funny lines I will pull out of my hat and use from time to time that came from the movie.  Shaun actually took me to see the second film over this past winter.  I think it's good to see a movie multiple times if it makes you laugh even once during it!  It's healthy to laugh, remember?!?!


And now on to the weekend!  Katie Bug and I are both getting our hair done today.  Mine colored and hers shaved off.  I think we would both say "glad it's her and not me"!  I think we have a bon fire tonight, with yoga and the library pick up of the above listed items tomorrow and in the mean time I plan on starting to pull out junk upon junk to put together a yard sale soon and totally plan to include some mushroom hunting in the woods.  Wish me luck!!  

What are your weekend plans?? No one ever answers my questions here so I can only imagine that you will all be having too much fun in the sun to tell your old internet buddy here!  Whatever you do... do it with love and kindness in your heart!  

1 comment:

  1. I'll answer your question! Especially since I have forgotten to blog lately!! It's supposed to be warm here, well mid fifties which is warm for northern MN so I am going to start building a shade garden in the woods. My husband and I's life goal is to turn our five acres into a park-like setting. We have a good start so far but a ways to go. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks