Friday, July 31, 2015

lovin right now

Guess what!! I took myself shopping last weekend!  I know... that doesn't happen.  I mean I might order a shirt online or dream about it but the last time I went into a store and bought something new was last summer before we went to Florida on vacation to get a couple of new bathing suits.  This time I was in the market for loose shorts and tops and something new to sleep in (my old tanks are getting ratty!).  Luckily, and I promise I didn't even think about it beforehand, summer clothes are on the way out so everything is on sale!! BONUS!  I picked up five tops at Loft that are light colored and very airy (although when I washed them one of them shrank in the dryer to the size of a 2T dang near.. ugh!)  I got five pair of loose, flowy shorts at Belk and I bought a few things to sleep in that are super comfy at Kohl's .  Now I'm set to play outside in immense heat for the rest of the summer and sleep in thin comfortable bliss each night.
 
And then we get on to the other reason I will probably need loose clothing that I can grow into after forming an addiction to Lil' Drums!  When you want a little something sweet these are perfect at about five inches tall and 130 calories each.  Tough part is there's twelve in a box and somebody's got to eat 'em!!
 
And when I need a lil' something else, I grab onto a handful of seasoned croutons.  Am I the only one that snacks on croutons?  They have such flavor.  It's like an entire Italian meal in one little cube... if you close your eyes and imagine it.
 
A friend of mine introduced me to Ferti-Lome blooming and rooting plant fertilizer this year and I really like it.  I've only used Miracle Grow in the past but all of my flowers really seem to like this stuff.
 
And that's what I am "lovin' right now" kids... besides loving summer itself!  I truly to the depth of my soul am a summertime child.  I like to grow plants and watch flowers bloom.  Eat vegetables right out of the garden and have tomato juice drip off my chin.  I love to hear all of the different voices of summer like birds that are here for the summer, katydids, locust, hummingbirds zooming by.  I love to go barefoot (my heels pay dearly for that!) everywhere and was my feet under the hose pipe.  I enjoy sitting outside with Shaun and friends anytime we want to from morning to evening or all night long!  I don't even mind wearing bug spray... Lord knows I need it!  I love that my laundry takes longer to pile up because the clothes are thinner and smaller than winter clothes.  I like the quick summer meals that are sometimes not made or served until after nine pm.  I love being able to take the day care kids outside at any given moment to play instead of being cooped up inside because it's too cold.  I even like being chilled by air conditioning and curling up with a blanket and watching the original Parent Trap.  I could seriously go on and on. 
 
Look around before it's gone. 
Soak in each part of the season that you walk past every day and just stop for a second. 
July is almost gone yet again. 
This is my forty first summer.  I hope to see many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks