Monday, February 1, 2016

around here

Well friends, it appears as though I have traded one hobby for another.  That being making miniatures for my dollhouse project for blogging.  Oh and let's not forget picture taking.  I hardly even do any of that right now... even of the project at hand.  I just get so excited about my tiny creations that I plum forget about documenting anything to share with my friends online.  Now my friends in person... no problem.  I seem to mention my dollhouse and pictures on my phone to everyone I see.  I am probably going to have to find a miniaturist support group... maybe we will make things together!  (I just got a really wild look in my eyes) 

Around here... within two Saturdays we went from twelve inches of snow to seventy degrees and no more snow.  That's Tennessee for you.  But the snow allowed me to cover a front wall with skinny sticks in the living room of my dollhouse and also start on the hardwood floor in the kitchen.  And also wallpaper the house.  All the while I was watching movies from the library.  One in particular I have watched at least five times since.  I still haven't taken it back! This past weekend was productive in a different sort of way.  I had to pay attention to the big house... the one we live in that needed floors cleaned from all the snow and mud and laundry caught up. 

I've also picked up a new favorite food... homemade pimento cheese.  My friend Rhonda made some when we were all sharing a four wheeling cabin over the Christmas holidays.  I have never liked pimento cheese to my knowledge but tried it anyway because everyone was chowing down on it.  I loved it!  It is so easy to make and an easy go to for lunch or a snack.  I have made it twice now.  The first time it was too runny and the second time too thick.  The third time will be a charm!  I am going to take some four wheeling with us this weekend.  Shaun is even hooked on the stuff.  It is simply shredded cheddar, mayo, a jar of pimentos, a dash of sugar and a dash or more of cayenne pepper.  Sooooo good!

We also invented a new snack at the day care.  A saltine cracker spread with peanut butter with a slice of banana on top.  Add a spec of sprinkles and you have happy smiling kids!  They aren't bad at all.


It may not look like much to some but you can't even see where the driveway is!


 
I finished the whole front wall but apparently didn't take a picture.



 YUM
 
 Little books I actually just made this morning.
 
The Oasis doesn't look near as inviting during the winter but I love this picture.

Here are two dollhouse pictures of stuff I made but only got a picture on my flip phone.
 
My little cactuses and aloe vera.. and little Katie Bug photo bombing.

And this chair was actually a lot of fun to make although I was terrified to do it until I got started on it.  Sometimes I get a point where directions are too much info for me so I go my own route and it works out.  It is all sewn together, sides, bottom and back.  Who has time to wait for glue to dry when I can whip stitch?!?!  I already have the wood cut out to make another one.  Oh and you can see the floor in this pic too.  I am having so much fun with this.  I haven't a clue what the outside will look like yet.  I am taking it one step at a time and doing it however I want.  Oh I also made the tiniest little lamp (nonworking) out of beads.  Shaun was pretty impressed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks