Friday, August 25, 2017

literally

Yay!!  A library list from Laurie!!!  I know that's what you're saying. 
Here's what's on hold at the library.... actually not true at all.
I already have the Alan Bradley book, the Marie Laveau and Joss Stone's album which I LOVE.  Oh and the final season of Girls and P&R season one.  Okay!!!  I only don't have Adele yet.  But I currently have them all but in my possession.  Truly.



Alan Bradley and the famous Flavia DeLuce.  I have been in love with this series since Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie when I blogged about it in 2012.  Just type in Bradley in the search on the right to see what I said about them all.  You may run into a post about Bradley tomatoes... just sayin.  This is his eighth book in the series.  I honestly have not read 7.5 but its a digital version that the library has and I don't have a kindle.  I'm more of a for real page turner anyway.  I'll get a hold of it one day.

I started watching Girls and few months ago and truthfully I didn't much care for it at first.  Millennials I thought.  Which is true.  But as I started following their lives from episode to episode I fell pretty hard.  I just finished the final season and can't believe it's over.  Six seasons.  It is HBO pals so beware if you don't like hearing the F word or seeing people's butts and boobs.  Lena Dunham is a genius and I would love to have a piece of her brain.

Adele 21.  I have a special place in my heart for Adele.  I mainly want to listen to these songs at home very loudly and anytime I want.

AND Joss Stone.  Can I say on the internet (uh yeah) that when I first heard her voice I would have put money on her being a much darker skinned individual.  She's white and I'm shocked.  I thought only a voice like that could belong to Aretha Franklin and Jennifer Hudson.  Dang.  I'm in awe and I love her.

Knowing that my seasoned love of Girls was about to be over I decided to look up a few TV on DVD shows that I've never really watched because seriously it is so much better without commercials.  I rarely watch normal TV.  Parks and Recreation I started Sunday and watched a couple of episodes.  It made me laugh a time or two.  I finished the season tonight after work and immediately got on the library's website to get the next two seasons.  It's not my all-time favorite but it'll do and it is funny which I like.

Oh VooDoo Dreams.  Even though this is mainly a fictional story... Marie Laveau was an actual person and the actual VooDoo Queen of New Orleans.  I don't mind whipping up a spell for fun every now and then but I ain't eatin no raw chicken heart.  Nu Uh.  I'll just read about it.  I think the story will be a tad fascinating.  I've read the first few pages and haven't forgotten a thing but have to finish my Flavia book first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks