Thursday, November 30, 2017

music

I feel I've always had a love of music of all kinds.  I love everything from bluegrass, soul, gospel, 90's rap, hippie, folk, country, Sinatra ( who IS in a class by himself), Christmas music (which I have been listening to since June) and much more.  I pulled up folk on Pandora this week.  I found a new crush of genre.  My new favorite song, among others, is this.

I just want it to be a summer day.   Hot... barely swinging in my hammock in the Oasis listening to this.


I also found 98.5 FM on my radio.  A listener supported radio so no commercials.  LOVE that.  I hear anything from folk to bluegrass to The Band.  It eases my soul in traffic and sitting still.  I wrote this this week...

  I want to be comfortable in my own shell
  I want to be the skirted, long-haired gardener
  Comfortable, make my brew and drink it
  Live it always, give in to who I am - not go along
  Do what I want, breathe deeply
  Take it all in - my surroundings, my creations, may garden, my world
  Accept the calm and welcome it - settle down
  and be content, breathe the air
  Learn to listen to the wind, speak my language
  taste my sin, listen to the birds
  Allow for time to sit down
  let the stillness calm me
  to enjoy laid back music w/ no angst

It's a journal entry of mine.  It's not finished.  I will continue to add to it as I feel it.  It is written in pencil.  I love a good pencil entry in my journal.  It feels different somehow.  It's permanent, yet not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks