Tuesday, July 21, 2009

That Beautiful Baked Brie

Roll that beautiful baked brie footage......

Wow! I just LOVE IT!!!!!!! I was in Florida vacationing a few years back. While having breakfast one morning I ordered Baked Brie from the menu. This is when my whole world changed. *sigh* I fell in love. It was wonderful! When I got back home I couldn't stop thinking about what I had eaten. So in time I came up with my own recipe which was really easy because the ingredients are very plain yet delightfully wonderful! I thought I would share...
Laurie's Baked Brie
  • 1 small round of Brie cheese (this recipe is for no more than 2 people)
  • 1 Granny Smith apple
  • a handful of raisins
  • a handful of chopped pecans
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cardamom (optional if you don't have it but strongly advised)
  • Pepperridge Farms Harvest Wheat crackers (you can try something else but why?)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place brie round in casserole dish or pie pan. Combine apple, raisins, pecans, butter, brown sugar and cardamom in a small saucepan. Heat just until butter and sugar are melted and all is stirred to coat. Pour over brie. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. When it's ready you can poke it with a knife and the brie is very soft. Let cool just as long as you can wait. I generally end up burning my tongue because I can't wait til it's cooled off. Insert knife into brie. Brie should come oozing out like baked brie should. Put some brie and toppings on a wheat cracker and you'll be in love too. Good grief that's good!
I like to make this for myself on special occasions. New Years brunch is a great time or just when I've got a morning alone. It's a special treat. I serve it on special saucers and use the cutest little cheese knives I've got. Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks