Friday, July 24, 2009

You Can Do Magic!

Magic Cookie Bars that is! This is a recipe that I altered last night simply because I didn't have pecans. But the taste is so different just because of one ingredient and let me tell you... I had no complaints! I believe that when you adjust a recipe and sort of "make it your own" then you should be entitled to put your name on it! So let's call these "Laurie's Magic Cookie Bars"!


These are the type of little things that can do wonders when served to the right individuals. When you bring these out smiles come out of nowhere! Heck you might even get the trash taken out for you! Here they are:


Laurie's Magic Cookie Bars
  1. 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (which I keep on hand, they come in a box)
  2. 1 stick of butter
  3. 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  4. 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  5. 1 cup coconut (even if you don't like it)
  6. 1 cup chopped roasted, salted macadamia nuts (or pecans.. same magic happens)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, 325 if using a glass dish. Use a 9x13 casserole melt butter in oven. I always put the dish in while the oven is preheating then when my indicator sounds that the oven is preheated my butter is melted. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over melted butter. Pour sweetened condensed milk over crust then sprinkle chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. The macadamia nuts add a saltier taste so a tad more chocolate can be used to counter-act the salt taste. Bake 25-30 minutes and let cool completely before cutting. You get a nicer cut this way. Delish!
Now, a warning, if your car suddenly gets washed or laundry is magically picked up off the floor without your instruction... you'll know why. Don't say I didn't warn you. Hmmm Maybe they're called magic because they disappear so quickly... nah. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks