Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good Guide, Good Gift


Hey there! To all you bird watchers out there, I know I'm not the only one, I've got a guide I'd like to recommend. If you're not a bird watcher, maybe you would like to get this as a gift for someone else that may enjoy feeding and/or bird watching.

It is a book by Stan Tekiela who has field guides to birds in different states as well as other books I'm sure. But this one is called "Birds of Tennessee". Since I have owned this guide I haven't ran across a species that I could not identify. The book is filled with accurate descriptions, what seasons to look for which birds, nesting and even special notes about each bird. It has great color pictures of each bird that are actual photos instead of drawings.

You can order one online or any bookstore should have it. Even if you aren't an avid bird watcher it's a nice book to have. I think you'll be surprised at the different kinds of birds that are all right in you own back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks