Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Organizing Can Be Fun... Yes It Can!

Howdy Doo everyone! In yet another attempt at organizing an area of my home I found that I needed something. If you are at all like me then sometimes you find yourself searching online for recipes and new twists on old recipes. When I find what I need I'll print it out and take it home with me to try out. If it's a keeper it gets put into the stack of eight and a half by eleven sheets of paper all containing tried out recipes in my cookbook pantry.

I have known for quite a while that something needed to be done. So I found an old three ring binder at work that I knew was not likely to be used again mostly because I have worked here for over three years and haven't touched it because it had printing on it. So with permission I brought it home and decided to paste pictures of food, tips and recipes from a food magazine that I had lying around. On Sunday I had the ole migraine trying to set in so I got out my project, sat at the table and put it all together.

Modge Podge is a wonderful product that I have always had a lot of fun with. At my table I cut out beautiful pictures and using a paint brush, pasted them all over my new kitchen cookbook. I sprayed a slight layer of finishing glossy spray all over the notebook. This keeps anything from thinking about being sticky from the glue. Now all I have to do is punch holes in my papers containing fabulous recipes and presto... my cookbook pantry is organized! Needless to say it was already in order except for all the stray paper stacked and stuffed in there!


Did I mention a glass of wine goes well with this project?

2 comments:

  1. I have one 3-ring binder for my recipes, one for health/fitness, and one for misc ideas that I find in magazines. I started this about 2 years ago. It is wonderful. I have not decorated the outside of mine yet....but that is a very good idea. Yours looks very cute!!! Thanks for sharing as always =)!!! P.S. Do you have any good dinner casserole recipes....we are trying to find a few for dinner ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Stacy! That's awesome that you keep binders for all of your stuff!

    I have one pretty good chicken casserole recipe that my Mom used to make although I haven't made it in a while. I'll post it for you and look for and try out some more to share. Oh another one just came to mind too.. a tuna casserole that's pretty easy. I haven't made it in a very long time. Shaun isn't a big tuna fish man.

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks