Monday, January 11, 2010

Lip Loving Fun

Hiya everyone! Guess what... I think it's going to snow some more tonight! Aren't we having a fun 2010 weather wise so far? I think so! Well for my next trick... it's all about your kissers! I find that I need lip moisturizer all year but in the winter months especially. I've always got a tube of something in my purse but most of the time it doesn't do the trick for long. I am a firm believer in petroleum jelly...a.k.a. Vaseline. I use it every evening on my lips and hands and every morning in my ears. Yes in my ears. During the winter the inside of my ears get extremely dry so I dab a little PJ in them, rub it around and go about my day. I also use it during the summer months on my heels before bedtime.

Here's a little recipe that I have for homemade lip gloss that literally takes a very few minutes and ingredients to make. And let me tell you.. it really does the trick.

Homemade Lip Gloss

Petroleum Jelly
Powdery, Glittery, Shiny Blush or Eye Shadow
Olive Oil
Essential Oil Any Flavor (optional only if you have it already)
1 Small Container With a Lid

In a small bowl dab about a tablespoon of petroleum jelly. Next add about 1/4 teaspoon powdered make up. The make up is for color and/or shine. I used some pink shimmer, eye shadow powder. You can crush the make up a little to make a powder. I wouldn't use more than 2 colors together if at all. Add 3 drops of olive oil using a straw with the tip of your finger at one end to get just a drop. Add 3 drops of any flavor oil. I used lemon in mine this time. Stir ingredients together and place in you lip gloss container. Use a clean fingertip to dab a little onto your lips as needed.

I really had a lot of fun making this and it was such an easy craft that I will use for the rest of the winter. Using this lip gloss throughout the day has made my lips feel great and not dry at all. I love it!!

1 comment:

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks