Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Simple Yummy Syrup

Good Tuesday afternoon all! I have been such a blog ignorer! Not that I haven't been thinking about blogging for you, I've just been slammed and haven't had the time. I will tell you that my bloggy thoughts are jamming up in my head like traffic! I do hate to report that this will be a quickie but none the less a goodie!

So this past Sunday, while indulging in sweet chocolate thoughts I whipped up a batch of my Mother's famous chocolate syrup that goes so well over a bowl of vanilla ice cream and thought I would blog the yummy recipe for you! So here goes:

Mom's Chocolate Syrup

5 1/2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
4 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons white Caro syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1cup sugar

In a saucepan on the stove top, melt the butter and mix in cocoa. Add milk and let boil until a little thick... about 6 or 8 minutes stirring constantly. Add sugar, syrup and vanilla and boil for one minute. Pour into a container that can be kept in the refrigerator. This makes about a cup or a little more (I've never actually measured) and can be kept in the refrigerator for several weeks. Pop it into the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds before pouring over ice cream. Maybe even ice cream on top of a brownie.

I can remember as a child when my Mother would make this recipe I would sneak into the fridge, spoon in hand, just for a taste. It's very rich and very yummy!

1 comment:

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks