Monday, March 29, 2010

Hoppin Your Way

Hi to all! Easter is this Sunday and out home has been elected to host our family's Easter lunch and egg hunt this year! I am so tickled. I was talking menus with my sister this morning and thought I would share a loved recipe from my Grandmother's cookbook with you. Each holiday I try to make something that I think my Grandmother might have made and brought with her and choose the recipe from her collection. Here is the salad that I chose for this holiday.




Blackberry Salad


2 small boxes blackberry jello (or mixed berry)
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 carton sour cream (softened)
2 cups blueberries or 1 can
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Drain blueberries and pineapple - save juice. Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add juices, stir and add fruits. Pour into casserole dish. Chill until congealed. Mix sugar, sour cream, cream cheese and vanilla. Spread smoothly over jello. Sprinkle with nuts. I generally use pecans for the nuts.


I always love a fruity gelatin salad with a holiday family dinner.. I probably get that from my Grandmother.


Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks