Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pass The Chicken Spaghetti Please


Several weeks ago I happened upon a website. Thinking back now I can't recall how I came across it. Most of the time I find blogs that I like to read or websites that I like to frequent through the photo website flickr. I post photos there, have friends that post photos there and find myself looking at pictures from other users quite frequently so I may have found a picture of hers there. However I found it I am so glad that I did. The website is The Pioneer Woman. She has cute stories, great photography tips and yummy recipes. There was one recipe in particular that I wanted to link you too as I don't want to post it like it's mine although it has definitely found a home in my personal cookbook.

The recipe is for Chicken Spaghetti. It is a very easy casserole to make and most of the ingredients I had on hand already. I was able to make it the same evening that I found it which made me happy. I like to use good tasting easy to make recipes on week nights because seriously.. 1. it's just my husband and I, and 2. I don't want to spend all night in the kitchen. What I liked most about this recipe, besides the yummy taste, is that it bakes in a 9x13" casserole dish. Using this info I divided it in half before I cooked it, baked half of it that night in an 8x8" dish and froze the other half. It was several weeks ago that I originally made the casserole and yesterday morning I popped it out of the freezer to thaw in the sink while I was at work. When I got home last night I emptied the mixture in to an 8x8" dish, topped with cheese as the recipe says to and baked it as directed. I made a salad and toasted some garlic bread and Hello.. supper was on the table in 30 minutes. It was fantastic because I had other things I wanted to do on my mind besides cook a big meal.

Another tip I want to share is a garlic bread that I found that is oh so yum. It's at the WalMart bakery, it comes as 2 loaves, precut, takes less than 10 minutes to cook, is very good, and is only $3.00. I think each loaf has 12 precut slices. It could be 10 but for Shaun and I it's perfect for two slices with pasta salad for lunch on a Sunday or four slices with an Italian supper anytime. I generally buy two at a time and keep them in the freezer. That way I'm not rushed to use it all right away.

I hope you enjoy The Pioneer Woman's recipe site and maybe even the garlic bread!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks