Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve Crafty

Ah what a day it has been! The weather today was pretty warm for December and very windy which only means one thing... much rain is on the way. I have cleaned house, cooked a little, hung some laundry outside and got a tad crafty. I have guests coming over tomorrow for a little New Year's black eyed peas, cabbage, apples and hog jawl. Yesterday I got inspired to make something for my gals coming... although I'm not quite sure who will show up! Whoever the friends are they will have a little parting gift from me to start off their new year.



One of my resolutions for 2011 is to begin journalling again. I used to carry my journal around with me everywhere. I not only kept random writings but also ideas. If I need a recipe for bath salts I still know where to go! Aside from my journal I almost always have a spiral notebook nearby. I have at least four floating spirals for grocery lists, quick thoughts and whatever else I want to write down at the time. Heck, I have two sitting right here by my computer! One of them has some notes and pictures of an idea for my guests tomorrow to tie in my spiral love and writing. They are super easy to make and cheap!



Here's what you need: spiral notebooks, fabric, patches, ribbon, spray glue, newspaper


Yep that's it! Cut the fabric into 7.5 x 10 inch rectangles. Iron fabric if needed. Pic what you want to decorate your spiral with.




Spread out some newspaper and in a well ventilated area. Turn fabric over and spray the back of the fabric with spray glue (genius invention!) Turn the fabric over and place it onto the front of a spiral notebook pressing down to secure. Next spray the backs of your patches one at a time and place them on the front of your spiral.



Let the notebooks dry for about 15 minutes or so.



For the last step, open the notebook to the back cardboard. Spray one end of a piece of ribbon cut to about 12 inches long. Place it in the top left corner of the inside piece of cardboard. Allow to dry at least 30 minutes before closing. Your friends are bound to love taking a new journal, grocery book and whatever they'll like to use it for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks