Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh No It broke... Paint it!

Saturday, while potting flowers and making a dirt mess of my potting station which is what it's for, I discovered that one of my small clay pots was broken.  I admit I don't use clay pots much for planting.  They are beautiful and have wonderful qualities but if I use them for plants that need to be watered often, I have to water even more often because the clay obsorbes so much of the water.  My aloe veras love clay pots.  They don't even require water hardly ever. 


I didn't let the loss of a pot slow me down.  I picked up the pieces and thought... chalk board paint!  Then I could write messages on the pieces and place them on top of the dirt in my potted plants.  I felt brill!  Plus it was yet another use for the paint that I feel like I have a ton of when in fact I only have a quart because that is the only size the hardware store had so I think I'll be using it for a very long time.


I ran upstairs, got the paint brushes and paint and headed back down and amidst the pots, dirt, mulch and plants I started painting pieces.  It was super duper easy and looks cute in the pots with messages written in chalk like Smile :) , Pink Petunia, and Hens & Chicks.  Plus I didn't have to throw away my teeny broken pot.  I wound up painting the other two small clay pots and putting seperated hens and chickens in them.  Fun on top of fun :)!  I almost couldn't handle it all by myself.


Now, if I could only find chalk that you can sharpen!  I always have trouble writing small with a regular piece of chalk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks