Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Make-It Box Birthday

When I was growing up one of my favorite gifts, and gifts to ask for, were Make-It boxes from Grandmother Brown.  She would find a good sized box and fill it with all sorts of school supplies, office stuff and crafty things.  I would open it on my birthday to find a plethora of construction paper, pencils, new scissors, paper clips, etc. You name it. 

This year I have made three Make-It boxes for three nieces, two birthdays and one college Make-It box that kind of added a different meaning to the name Make-It.  It more had extras in it.  Back up stuff so to speak.  Pens, a spiral, bottle of aspirin, minis, roman noodles.. that type of stuff you know.  But these boxes are so fun to make and also fun to shop for.  I thought I'd share my most recent Make-It box for my niece Katelyn who turned sweet sixteen today!

I used an office box that envelopes come packaged in.  I covered it with vintage wallpaper that I spray glued on.  Then added goodies that I have been collecting just for K.K.  You can go wild and shop for all kinds of stuff and miss the point of things.  We keep a birthday budget most of the time of twenty five bucks and under since there's so darned many of us!  Here's a look at the loot.
I covered the box on the outside of this one.  Just measure, cut, spray and stick.
Vintage Pyrex coffee cup with chocolate mint B&B Works hand sanitizer.
Spiral, journal, bobby pins, ink pens, turquoise feather head band and earrings.
ModPodge, be-dazzle rhinestones, lip gloss and a special something wrapped up.
Topped off with a vintage scarf to top off that drab outfit.
Elastic rick rack to hold it all together.
Isn't she just gorgeous!  Happy Birthday K!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks