Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Shelf For The Tub

I have the most wonderful husband in the world.  I really do. 
And this is what he made me for Christmas. 

I saw something like this in a home decor book from the library. 
I showed it to him and took a picture of it but never printed it out for him. 
I didn't really think another thing about it. 
Until I unwrapped it Christmas Eve night when we felt we had waited long enough on opening just one present.  He opened a dvd.  I opened this.

It is a bathtub shelf.  Made out of tobacco sticks. 
The sticks aren't really of tobacco stalks,
but of other wood and are used in hanging tobacco in the barns. 
The dark color is stained by years of firing and curing the tobacco in the barns.
It has such a spa feel to it. 
Yesterday morning I piled all my bathy things on it before my bath like my wash cloth, soap, shaving cream, razor, and a cup for rinsing off. 
I never knew how useful this invention would prove itself to be. 
I no longer have to reach up on to the sink cabinet nor stretch to the back side of the tub to the stool while splashing water onto the floor. 

I truly love it and he knew I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks