Saturday, April 7, 2012

Let The Days Begin

Let the days begin.  Crispy, crunchy, scratchy bath towel days.  It is just before eight a.m..  The grass is still wet.  It is a cool thirty seven degrees.  Today's forecast promises seventy degrees and I am hanging towels on the clothesline.  Waiting for the sheets to wash so I can head to the grocery.  I always feel that the Amish have beaten me while I am clipping damp wash cloths to our line.  That their dark blue and black laundry has already been on their clotheslines for an hour.  I admire those women almost enviously for their laundry chores and yet am just as grateful to the same Lord for my clothesline chores as they are for theirs. 

Seventy and sunny with a slight breeze.  We share it.  A beautiful day.  Easter lunch will be held at our house tomorrow.  I have household chores to do, groceries to buy, our garden canned green beans in the crock pot, and an antique tractor show and plow day next door.  Come on by.  I'll have time for lemonade on the porch sometime.






No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks