Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Moment Like This

All Winter long.  We can go ahead and include Spring and Fall.  My mouth waits a long time for a moment like this... a taste like this. 

It doesn't need fancy bread or cheese shop cheese.  Good ole white bread, lightly toasted, and sandwich cheese, preferably "processed cheese food."  I like the Nice and Cheesy from the K-Rogers.  And let's not forget the bacon.  Good, greasy bacon.  I fried three extra pieces for this meal alone! 

Now, there's something special about a tomato grown in Tennessee.  Some say it is the red clay, some say it's the acid in the soil.  Whatever it is... it does it just right.  You just cannot buy this at the store, not ANY time of the year.  And those "hot house" guys, well they can keep on trying.  They'll do in February but not in July!

lightly toasted bread
           bacon
                        cheese
                                                              TN homegrown tomato

NOW, you're speakin' my language.

If y'all could only hear me singing "Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this,"
well....you'd probably tell me to hush!

Lighter for the Mister.
 Oscar Mayer.... it's the best.
Although sometimes expensive, I have always been happy with the results.
 cheese food
 THAT'S A MONSTER!
is what i said
 Wish you were here.
But then there'd be no bacon for you.
Unless you brought your own.
p.s. All food groups are properly represented here.
fat, processed, cheap and homegrown!
 Now this is how Shaun likes his. 
Adding lettuce, mayo and the pickles I make for him.
Good boy.

I just could not resist sharing supper with you.  That's supper, not dinner.  Dinner is lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks