Wednesday, October 17, 2012

First Royal Subject

Well folks, I did it.  My first photo shoot.  I normally do not take pictures of people.  Unless they aren't looking most of the time.  I have had friends ask me to take pictures of their kids and even weddings at the Sleepin Bear.  But I just don't do it.  Until now... apparently.

My sister asked if I would take my nephew's senior pictures.  She... having all faith in me.  I remembered her asking me but didn't set a date or time to do it.  I needed inspiration, which is how I work.  So, this past Saturday, I was looking a a new library book on the front porch of our home when I looked up.  It was an overcast, Fall day.  Nice colors.  Not too hot.  Not sunny therefore casting unwanted shadows.  I was instantly inspired.  I called my sister, no answer, then called my nephew.  Luckily he was at home with about and hour and a half to kill.  I said to him "come over with a quick couple of changes of shirt and your baseball bat."  And he did.




Nice looking fella huh.  Not bad pics either... for my first time.  These were a few of my favorites.  We took them at our creek and the barn next door. 

1 comment:

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks