Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Quick Kiddo Thanksgiving Craft

Here is a pretty quick Thanksgiving turkey craft that kiddos, along with adult help, can make to play with or use in decorations.  The supplies needed are minimal.  Construction paper in brown, black, yellow, orange and red, scissors, glue and a popsicle stick.  Oh and a kid hand to trace!

Ahead of time, cut out a brown circle using a drinking glass to trace unless you can draw a good circle.  In that case, go for it.  Cut out two small circles from the black paper for eyes and a triangle from the yellow or orange paper for the beak.  If your kids are old enough to use scissors then they can do it. 

Next have the kids trace their hands on the red, yellow or orange paper and cut it out.  Glue the brown circle on to the palm of the cut out hand, then glue the eyes and beak to the front of the circle.  Use the liquid glue to affix the popsicle stick on to the back of the turkey and allow it to dry.

Your turkeys are ready for a Thanksgiving puppet show or to be place in arrangements or napkin rings.

Happy Thanksgiving!





This was the only book I could get at the library for Thanksgiving!  And I was happy to get it!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute Thanksgiving craft! I don't have any kids, but I think this would be fun to do with my husband haha!

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I love yours, too, and I signed up to get updates via email :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks