Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Let The Inspiration Begin

I have created a new journal to lug around!  In addition to my normal journal, that lacks about six pages of being full, I have made myself a different kind of journal.  The kind of stuff I will be saving shows up in my journal already, but there's a lot of talk in between.  So I have dedicated this journal for pictures and ideas for decorating, lifestyle and crafty things.  So whenever I see pictures in magazines I can cut them out or when I come across inspiration on blogs and pictures on the internet, I can print them for my use.

I have a little area on my PC here where I keep these items now.  And I know a lot of people "pin" things, of which I am not into.  I just can't get the hang of it.  This journal and way of keeping inspiration that I want to go back and look at any time where I can put my hands on it and look back.

As I said before, I already keep tidbits in my regular journal, but this idea came from the blog herlibraryadventures.  I get really inspired by her vignettes and pictures and also their sister blog.

I made my journal with, of course, ModPodge.  A product of which I am dedicated to.  I covered the outside of a composition notebook with floral pictures from the Burpee seed catalogue.  Then I started glue stickin pictures and making notes.  Also leaving room on certain pages for future inspiration on the same subject.  It is going to be a lot of fun.





1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea! I have plenty of seed catalogs I could use to cut flowers from. I think I might have to make my own inspiration journal :)

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks