Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Little Present for You

As a lover of books (what I NEVER expected to be) I find myself fond of taking notes of cleverly written lines and thoughts that I have never pondered while reading.  In fact, sometimes I will get stuck on a sentence for a few minutes, reading it over and over again.  I always have a page marker although most of the time it is the piece of waxy paper from the library where the book was on hold that you can only write on the back of.  I find myself jotting on this slip late at night often wishing it were something else. 
 
I have made book marks in the past but nothing as pretty as one that I spied the other day on a blog that I frequent called Going Home To Roost.  She showcased her lovely version of a bookmark she made and I had to make my own.  I love them so much I made several different ones and as my present to you I am sharing what I made. 
 
I know I am not the only one that still reads actual books.  I don't have an electronic book and don't want one.  I love hunting for books and my trips to the library and I am sure I would love the smell of the library books if my smeller worked that good.  I do recall what some have smelled like from my past.  Maybe the libraries are newer these days and some of the scent has gone from the books or maybe I just get newer ones. 
 
Nevertheless, I really like sharing my book reading with you and must take notes as I go. After the book is read and the bookmark written on I plan to tape it in my journal for future reference.  I printed my bookmarks on white card stock so they are sturdier.  I hope you like them!
 

 
 
You should just be able to right click and print them or save them to your pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks