Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wild Violet Jelly

I postponed a post to bring you an urgent Spring message.  Wild Violets will not be in bloom for long.  I gathered a couple of cups full over the weekend to make jelly.  Unfortunately, my first attempt didn't turn out.  I almost freaked when the recipe said no sugar.  What The?!?!? Jelly with no sugar??? What a way to ruin a party!  So this morning I found a different recipe online.  It wouldn't let me print it so I had to copy and paste a bunch and while putting it together for myself I thought I would share it with you along with a link from where I got it which was HERE
 
Collecting the flowers for this beautiful jelly was so fun and it would be a blast to do with little helpers.  It is an easy and fun way to have kids outside this time of year while giving them something to look for and while teaching them about something that grows wild that can be made into something so sweet to eat.  And that is the thing about Spring... things grow and go so fast that you will miss it if you don't pay attention.  I hope you like it!



 
You should be able to right click and print this recipe.  If not, shoot me an email and I will send it to you.  Love... Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks