Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Graham Struesel Cake



I generally get assigned to make birthday cakes for the parties in my family and I love to do so!  This past week, my sister Marty celebrated her birthday on Thursday so we all got together on Sunday for a wonderful Mom-made lasagna with bread and salad followed by cake and ice cream!  What a lovely way yo spend a Sunday afternoon laughing with family, celebrating our sister's birthday and eating Laurie-made cake.  This year the birthday girl wanted our Aunt Sabine's Graham Struesel Cake which is like a coffee cake with a topping of brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and butter followed by a simple powdered sugar glaze.  It turned out to be wonderfully delicious accompanied by ice cream.  I am regretting not stealing a piece to bring home.  I truly hope you give this recipe a try.  It is very easy and scrumptious.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks