Saturday, October 7, 2017

oats

Holy Moly.  I love steel cut oats.  I eat them every day.  How do I love thee... let me count the ways.

1. with frozen berries - blackberries, blueberries, raspberry combo
2. frozen berries - strawberry, mango, banana version - especially love the mango
3. fresh mango
4. dried cranberry, sliced almonds, white chocolate chips
5.  apple, golden raisins, cinnamon
6.  currently... I love with banana or apple, raisins, almond butter and a honey drizzle... yum 



for breakfast each day I use 1/4 cup organic steel cut oats and 3/4 cup water
I put that in a small sauce pan and turn the heat to high
when they begin to boil I turn the heat down
usually they are in full blown boil mode before I remember that I've started my own breakfast
I do too much at one time
after I turn them down they are done when almost all of the water is absorbed
I reckon it takes about 7 minutes?
I usually transfer them to a wide mouth jar to take them to work
I always (if I remember) pour almond milk on them
they are too dry otherwise
I add my toppings and enjoy
every day
you can literally make up your own recipes and additions


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks