Thursday, May 24, 2012

giggle box garden

Finally!  The garden at the DC is planted.  Tuesday afternoon the tiller came down and before I knew it, the Mr. had tilled up a good spot.  It is not as big as our garden at home and the plants will be a little closer together.  But it's our garden.  We will dig in it, play in it, watch it grow and soon enough we will be eating lunch from it!  We planted corn, zucchini, squash, black cherry tomatoes, watermelon and flowers. 

I had a seven year old friend with me this week. Yesterday, she helped plant the garden and helped to make the garden markers. We used wide mouth canning lids and painted each veggie on them. Then poked holes in them and hung them by stakes made from coat hangers. So precious! I actually think we mixed up the squash and zucc this morning. I'll have to rearrange when I go back down to water this evening.

The seeds were soaked overnight.
 We had a plan.... and stickers!
 Corn... in an Easter egg.

 So cute.
 And I helped.
 Use a good sized nail for the hole.  Make sure not to nail it to the floor!
 Just snip a dry cleaning pants and you have a ready made hook on one end.
 I gave them a quick spray of top coat to the paint wouldn't wash off in the rain.
Plus it gave them a little shine.

 As for me... I don't miss my old office life one bit!
We look like glamorous spies... don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks