Friday, November 9, 2012

Just Beachy

Well, well, well.  Welcome to my 250th blog post.  It's about a Christmas tree!  In November!  I know... too soon... blah blah, but if you don't get a least a couple of suggestions for Christmas trees you may wind up putting up the same old boring Christmas tree you put up every year.  Which is Ok, but sometimes it's good to explore other options and get down right crafty.

I visited my sister's house today.  She is the Shell Lady.  And the Sand Lady.  She loves the beach and looking for shells and beautifully incorporates her beach inspiration into her home.  This year she had an idea and just couldn't wait to use it and it worked out wonderfully.

Here are a few shots of her beach inspired Christmas tree located in her master bedroom.  She and I alike put up a few different trees each year.  So she will have other trees that I may show you too after Thanksgiving when they go up. 










Just brill!  She made the twine balls by using simple plain ball ornaments and gluing twine all the way around.  Twine can be purchased at the dollar store for just one dollar so realistically you could make up a dozen of these for under five dollars.  I love all the shells and she also used the twine again glued on for the hangers.  Isn't she a smartie?!  Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks