Thursday, January 10, 2013

Indoor Hopscotch

I am all about playing outside!  But, as we all know, weather just does not permit at times.  So to keeps kids entertained and physically active I have to get creative. 

Last week I had the thought to make a hopscotch board out of masking tape on the floor.  We have industrial carpet here at the DC so it is pretty flat.  You could also do this on tile or non-carpeted areas.  I bought a new roll of masking tape for seventy seven cents at WalMart and used a square library book as my template.  For the numbers I had to improvise and get creative with the tape.  They don't have to be perfect, they just have to resemble the numbers. 

We are using a bean bag that I made for another game and we toss it to a number.  Whatever number it lands on I ask the player to say what number it is.  The three year olds are beginning to recognize the numbers and will call them out if they know.  The younger ones get to listen to counting and will begin to mimic what they hear.  This is really fun.  Sometimes I think I have more fun at this than they do!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks