Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Plans

I would like to announce that I am going "All Martha" for my Easter centerpieces this year!  I am the hostess of our Easter gathering for our family, this is my fourth year to do so and I love it!  Even Shaun likes it... mainly because it gives him a good excuse for not mowing the grass until after the Easter egg hunt.  But... this morning, after looking at my daily craft email that I get from Martha Stewart dot com ( which really makes me feel like we are friends.. Martha and I... because she sends me stuff like everyday) I got inspired to decorate a tad bit for our get together.  The inspiration comes in the form of centerpieces and it is derived from several of Martha (and company's) Easter ideas and involves only using items that I already have and I literally have the stuff to make each one of these.  Except maybe the turmeric... I'll have to check the pantry for that and probably won't do it unless I have it.  No special trips to the store here. 

For the main table (which may or may not be the only one I make) I will be using a round Easter basket that my junk from the estate sale on Saturday was packed in.  In that I will rig up something to grow grass in, probably a bowl, of which I already have seed for because I grow it for Captain Kicks-A-Lot (Tom the cat) during the winter.  Then I will use my onion peelings to dye my eggs and maybe the turmeric too.  I have already downloaded the chicken and bunny template from MSdotC and printed them on card stock and will cut them out today getting them ready for spray glue and fabric scrap this evening.  The little bowls will be a sort of after thought and will happen if I have time over the weekend or possibly not. 

Easter is just next Sunday, March 31st, so I feel the grass will grow between now and then if I get to it when I get home this evening.  Wheat grass grows pretty fast in good conditions.  I promise to share a picture of the end result since I can't put it together today because the grass has yet to grow and the eggs have yet to be dyed.  Never-the-less I have faith that it will come together in the end and be a nice addition to all the pretty Easter dresses or in my case Easter Levis at my house. 

Here is the link on Martha Stewart where all this inspiration came from.  She is wonderful and I adore that the ideas and inspiration comes with printable templates, instructions and videos!  I have learned a ton and a half from her website for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks