Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Feet

It is the dead of summer and I have declared war against my awful, dry, polish chipping, cracked up heel feet!  I sewanee y'all... I had a pedicure a couple of weeks ago and one day later you would have never guessed it.  Not because the gal didn't do a good job.  Believe me, she had her work cut out for her that day!  The truth of the matter is this... I live in the country.  I garden, I work, I play in the dirt.  I also go barefoot a lot.  I chopped out the garden yesterday morning and had mud squeezing up between my toes because it rained on me a little bit.  I do good to keep polish on.  Big change from seven years ago when I was single and treated myself to pedicures on a regular basis. 
Now... I just don't look down.
 
This is real ugly y'all but I remember looking at my Grandmother's heels on her feet, the one who lived in the country, and noticing how dry and cracked her heels were when I was a very small child and thinking... poor thing... I hope my heels never look like that.  They look like they hurt.  And dang it if they don't look just like them!  
 
Until now.  Last night I broke out my Heel Tastic.  I tell you what... that stuff is a miracle.  My heels looked eighty percent better when I rolled out of bed this morning.  Then I sanded on my heels and side of my toe in the shower.  My feet feel much better today.  I will spare you before and after pictures.  Mainly because I didn't take any.. and won't.  But here's what I did use and a picture list of my pedi go-to's.
 
 
You can get the Heel Tastic, the Ped Egg and foot file at Walgreens.  I go to Sally Beauty Supply for my favorite OPI colors and Out The Door lightening-fast-drying top coat.