Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer

It's Summer.  And I'm nesting.  I have felt so good over the last week.  I have been able to spend more time at home.  I have moved furniture and "things" around making new areas in our home and on our porch.  I have repotted plants greening up my surroundings on the porch.  I worked and worked in the garden trying to save it and it felt great.  I have been trying out new recipes and really enjoying my kitchen.  I have said goodbye to some unwanted items and just cleaned up.  I am finishing projects that I have started.  I am getting things done.

Maybe it's because I lost most of the month of June dealing with my mother-in-law's illness and death.  Maybe it's the antibiotic I am taking for my tooth and sinus aches.  Maybe it is part of my own healing process and acceptance of a childless life style.  Maybe it's because I am normally up to my ears in canning this time of year.  Maybe it's the tropical rains and breezes we've been having.  Maybe it's our new puppy and being blessed with a fantastic marriage. 

Then again, maybe it's just Summer.